Pages

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST on ITUNES!!! CLICK THE ITEM BELOW!! or look us up under podcast on iTunes!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

One 7

I just wanted to blog on something that really humbled me and spoke to my heart. I was asked by my buddy Steve Shak to go out and lead worship in inner city Charlotte at a ministry called ONE7. As soon as i got there i started to fall in love with this ministry. Alot of the Charlotte Eagles go out there and play soccer with the kids and they have teams and games every week. The ministry also tutors the kids and sets time aside for homework so that the kids can do good in school. It was amazing...the kids were very open and loving and quickly introduced themselves to me and the guitar player in my band, woody. When it was time for worship woody and I was expecting them to pretty much stand there and look at us like we were stupid. God revealed himself to us through these kids and reminded us that the youth are hungry for Him. As we started the upbeat songs the kids were jumping around and yelling and clapping and it was amazing to see that kids that haven't ever really been taught what worship is were still worshiping with all their heart. They didn't know the songs but quickly learned the words and began to sing so loud that i could hear them over the two 800watt amps behind me with my own voice coming out of it. When we played the song "All I Need Is You" by hillsong i was blessed yet again at the complete surrender the kids demonstrated as they lifted their hands and worshiped without a care in the world and kept singing "all i need is you, Lord" even as i backed away from the mic.

i think sometimes we take advantage of worship and don't surrender completely to God. so i guess thats my challenge for you, surrender your whole heart to God and he will bless you in ways you never dreamed possible. So dance like no one is watching, sing like no body is listening and raise your hands in total surrender to Christs perfect love.


ONE LOVE!

Josh Gomez
One Love Productions

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word bro Bring it!

Anonymous said...

awwww girl I love you :)

1 John 4:19

"We LOVE because he first LOVED us."