Pages

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST on ITUNES!!! CLICK THE ITEM BELOW!! or look us up under podcast on iTunes!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Hallejuer!!


Hello friends! Tonight as I was spending some quality time with my family, watching “I Can Do Bad All By Myself” (a Tyler Perry movie a.k.a MADEA!), Madea said a comment in the movie that hit me in the heart tonight. Madea was talking to the young girl struggling with self-worth, who’s name was Jennifer. Jennifer said, “I don’t have any nice clothes to make me look good.” Madea fires back, “Clothes don’t make you look good, they make you broke!” I laughed hard at first, but then truly thought about what it meant. Madea was right. A lot of girls today, including myself, struggle with self-worth, beauty, etc. We get so caught up in the newest fashion, the best haircut, or the most expensive purse to make us feel beautiful. We seek the compliments of other people to make us some item of beauty instead of God’s beautiful creation. 1 Peter 3:3-4 states, “Let your beauty not be external – the braiding of hair and wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes – but the inner person of the heart, the lasting beauty of a gentle and tranquil spirit, which is precious in God’s sight.” Wow. Our lasting beauty is not our outward appearance, but our heart and spirit, which God holds to be precious! He looks at our heart, our love, our fear for Him. He has made us in his image and He has made us beautiful and unique. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." - 1 Samuel 16:7

My challenge to you and to myself is to let your heart shine and not your outward beauty. Your self-worth is not a comparison of other beautiful people and what they have, that you may not have, but your self-worth is in Jesus Christ!
God has made you beautiful! Smile, you have a beautiful one.

One beautiful love,

Katie
1 Corinthians 13:8

1 comment:

Faith said...

Katie, I love this post! This spoke to my heart today, and I thank you so much for sharing what God laid on your heart. I'm so proud of you =)

Love you so!

1 John 4:19

"We LOVE because he first LOVED us."