Pages

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST on ITUNES!!! CLICK THE ITEM BELOW!! or look us up under podcast on iTunes!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Devoted to a life of Courage

What is up everybody? I hope all of you are doing well! I believe you are reading this for a reason and I hope it speaks to you as it is speaking to me right now. Ya so I was driving down the road one day and I just looked at a billboard and it was the US Marines billboard that says "Devoted to a Life of Courage". Most of you know what I am talking about. Anyways, I was like thats cool I have seen that before but as I kept on driving, it slowly started sinking in. Aren't we called to a life of courage? Am I supposed to stand up for what I belive in and live with the courage and never back down? Am I living courageously or cowardly? So many questions popped up in my head...I encourage you to take a minute and just ask yourself am I living courageously? Its crazy how many times one can go back in to their lives and be like I havent been courageous as I could have been! I kept searching into my life so I wanted to know the actual definition I of  courage and it says:

Courage permits one to face extreme dangers and difficulties without fear!

I read that and I asked myself am I facing extreme dangers and difficulties without fear and just trusting God? My life does not reflect courage, but after all this and after God was speaking I want to be devoted to a life of courage to stand up for what I belive in and be the man God wants me to be! Stand up and rise up! Be courageous!

I will end with this, Deuteronomy 31:6 says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

God is always with you no matter what and no matter what circumstances you are facing. The fact of the matter is at the end of the day do you trust God enough to live courageously for him! I know I have been challenged in this but remember to always ask yourself that question Am I living courageously or more towards a coward? Its pretty cool to challenge yourself in this! So be bold, rise up, stand up and live with courage! Let God do the work and just trust him!

1 John 4:19
1love Ministries
Mike

No comments:

1 John 4:19

"We LOVE because he first LOVED us."